To support the introduction of the new National Curriculum (NC), six national training events for primary and secondary school teachers will be run in 2014. The events will be provided by the British Nutrition Foundation and will be free-of-charge to attend - please register in advance as places are limited. The event will include curriculum updates focusing on cooking and nutrition, workshops, a delegate pack and light refreshments.
All events will include:
- NC Overview and update
- Scheme of Work and Lesson planning for 2014
- Networking opportunities
- Free resources
Primary events will include:
- Food, nutrition and cooking across the curriculum
- Healthy eating update in primary schools
- Practical skills demonstration and workshop
Secondary events will include:
- Nutrition, food choice and sensory matters
- Practical skills - skills, recipes and progression
These events will provide the perfect opportunity to find out more about the National Curriculum, focusing on the new aspects of D&T – Cooking and nutrition. There will be time to meet with other teachers and explore new resources that can be used to support your planning and teaching.
These events are free to attend, but have a value of £120 per person.
The courses have been developed by the British Nutrition Foundation and supported by the All Saints Educational Trust.