Healthy Eating Week 2014
The BNF Healthy Eating Week for all nurseries and schools will take place from 2 - 6 June 2014. In 2013, over 3,250 schools registered to take part in the week - representing over 1.3 million children and young people!
The aim of the week is to further promote healthy diets (food and drink) and being more active, as well as improve the understanding of where food comes from and cooking (food and meal planning).
What's in it for my school?
- Five FREE posters, for use in the classroom or dining room.
- Free stickers!
- Activity ideas and resources.
- Live 'cook-a-longs' - getting your pupils cooking with BNF staff!
- Assembly ideas and resources.
- Tutorial time activities (quick and easy to implement for busy schools).
- Live online presentations.
- 5 starter activity mini-videos, linked to themes.
- The opportunity to take part in the National Pupil Survey for children and young people.
- The chance to win prizes in our Healthy Eating Week competition.
- A certificate of participation.
The themes for the week
To help structure the week, there are five themes for the week. These will be embedded into all the free resources available - of course, you can focus on as many of the themes as you wish!
- Food origins - where does food come from?
- Healthy active lifestyles - The eatwell plate, 5 A DAY, 8 tips for healthy eating.
- Food and drink choice.
- Meal occasions - breakfast, lunch and dinner!
- Food preparation and cooking - let's all get cooking!
The week has been developed by the British Nutrition Foundation and is supported by AHDB (BPEX, EBLEX, DairyCo and Potato Council), the Garfield Weston Foundation, Red Tractor, the National Farmers Union and Seafish.
© British Nutrition Foundation 2013