The objectives of the Food - a fact of life programme are to:
- To help individuals recognise that food is a basic requirement of life and should be enjoyed.
- To help individuals develop an understanding of the underlying scientific principles upon which current issues in nutrition are based.
- To inform about methods of food production and food processing in domestic and commercial situations.
- To encourage an awareness of social, economic and cultural aspects of food choice.
- To enable individuals to demonstrate and apply appropriate knowledge of concepts and principles when planning and preparing meals and when making food choices.
Last reviewed September 2009. Next review due December 2013
- © British Nutrition Foundation 2009