BNF Food Life Skills
Welcome to the BNF Food Life Skills course. This set of resources has been produced to enable you to develop your own structured food skills/cooking course with young people (aged 14-19 years). The teachers' guide can be found below.
The BNF Food Life Skills course provides opportunities for young people to:
• have hands-on experiences with food, i.e. cook;
• learn about and gain confidence in basic food hygiene and preparation skills;
• learn about healthier eating through practical food work;
• apply simple budgeting skills to food choices they make;
• work independently and in small groups to develop understanding of wider needs;
• become a better informed consumer.
Please feel free to download and use the materials in your school, college or community group.
The BNF Cook Club resources can now be found at: http://www.foodafactoflife.org.uk/section.aspx?t=80&siteId=20§ionId=80
Last reviewed January 2009. Next review due December 2013
- © British Nutrition Foundation 2009