At 30 weeks your baby should be about 33cm long. Your baby is in the final stages of its development before birth so the skin now becomes smoother and its fine hair will have started to disappear.
Eating for 2?
Although the idea of eating for two during pregnancy is a myth, in the last 12 weeks of your pregnancy you do need a little extra energy – about 200 calories per day. Now that your bump is quite large it will be pressing on your stomach and intestines and you may find it difficult to eat large meals. If this is the case for you, you may find that eating smaller meals and snacks more often is a better way to get all the food you need. However, you will need to make sure that these are nutrient rich so that you are getting all the essential vitamins and minerals that you and your growing baby need. Below are some healthy snack ideas to that are all about 200 calories that you could try to get the extra energy you need
How you can get the extra 200kcals/day you need in the last 12 weeks of your pregnancy?
Below are examples of foods and food combinations that can give you the extra calories you need
- Banana shake with 1 banana and150 g of low fat yogurt
- Small sandwich with 2 slices of ham and 1 thin slice of low fat cheddar cheese
- 1 portion (160 g) of porridge with whole milk
- 70 g of raw pasta
- 30 g of mixed nuts
- 1/2 chicken breast, grilled without skin and 200 g of mixed vegetables, steamed
- 250 ml of fresh orange juice, 100 g of carrot sticks and 50 g of hummus
- Medium bowl of cereal with semi skimmed milk
- Small baked potato with baked beans
- 2 rye crispbreads with full fat cream cheese and cucumber
- 1 portion of boiled egg noodles with stir fried vegetables and soy sauce
- Next >>