You can help us - by making a donation to the charitable work of the British Nutrition Foundation.
We are proud of the work we do, explaining nutrition science to people in order that they can make their own informed health and lifestyle choices. If you would like to support our charity’s work and help us to do more, any donation you are able to make, however small or large, will be gratefully received and put to immediate good use. All donations are used to further BNF’s charitable work, examples of which can be found in our Annual Reports.
If you are in a position to make a major gift to BNF, this would make a significant difference to the scope of our work.
For example, Mmajor donations can be used to:
- support BNF Healthy Eating Week, engaging with over 4,000 schools and 1.7 million children (£50,000);
- develop interactive content for the consumer section of the BNF website (£30,000);
- provide face-to-face and/or online training to support the professional develpoment of teachers and/or health professionals (£20,000 - £80,000);
- create a healthy eating, cooking or farming poster for schools - disseminated to over 7,500 schools (£15,000);
- conduct an in-depth review to help improve understanding of the role of specific foods or nutrients in protecting our health (£25,000);
- fund a full-day conference to bring together a range of audiences (such as health professionals, academics, NGOs, industry, media and teachers) to hear, debate and discuss nutrition related research and reports (£25,000);
- develop a healthy eating and drinking app for smartphones, allowing consumers to record their diet and activity and receive feedback, advice and suggestions (£75,000);
- undertake a food and nutrition education intervention in the UK, disseminating best practice and resources for all UK schools (£100,000).
If you would like to speak to someone about how your gift to BNF might be used, in total confidence and with no obligation, please contact Mr Roy Ballam ([email protected]).
If you would like to make a donation by cheque, please make it payable to ‘British Nutrition Foundation’ and post it to: British Nutrition Foundation, New Derwent House, 69-73 Theobalds Road, London WC1X 8TA
Under the Government’s Gift Aid Scheme, if you are a UK Taxpayer BNF will receive nearly a third extra on any donation at no extra cost to you. Please let us know if you are a UK Taxpayer and wish us to reclaim the tax paid on your donation by completing the attached form and returning it to us. Many thanks for your interest in supporting our work.
For further information about the Foundation, including our Governance, click here. The British Nutrition Foundation is a registered charity in England and Wales No.251681 and a charity registered in Scotland – SC040061.