Who we are
The British Nutrition Foundation is a registered charity.
- We provide impartial, evidence-based information on food and nutrition. Our core purpose is to make nutrition science accessible to all. (Find out more here.)
- We do not lobby, endorse any products, engage in food advertising campaigns or allow commercial or political pressure to influence us when publishing or disseminating information.
- We are a Certified Member of the Information Standard, a quality mark supported by NHS England which identifies our website as a reliable and trustworthy source of information. (Find out more here.)
- Our Council and Trustees ensure that we deliver our charitable aims, are impartial, transparent and act with integrity. A majority of our Council are leading academics, supported by leaders in education, communication and the food chain. (Find out more here.)
- Our funding comes from EU projects; contracts with government departments; conferences, publications and training; membership subscriptions; donations and project grants from food producers and manufacturers, retailers and food service companies; funding from grant providing bodies, trusts and other charities. (Find out more here.)
- We are proud of our long-established reputation for partnership working. What sets BNF apart is its ability to bring together those with an interest in food and nutrition from diverse sectors - academia, medicine, education, communication and the food chain.