This year, BNF hosted a special online event to focus on the role of evidence-based nutrition science in understanding and combatting the COVID-19 pandemic.
A compilation of the talks on Nutrition and COVID-19 from the event can be watched below.
A 10 Key Facts resource providing a summary from the event can be found in the attachment at the end of this page.
Running order (please find timestamps below each section of the event):
- Welcome from Prof Judy Buttriss
- Obesity as a risk factor for COVID-19 - Prof Jason Halford (5:17)
- Nutrition, Immune function and COVID-19 - Prof Philip Calder (23:41)
- Vitamin D, COVID-19 and BAME groups: Current Controversies and Future Perspectives - Prof Susan Lanham-New (41:31)
- Emerging evidence for the role of the human gut microbiome in COVID-19 infection outcomes - Prof Glenn Gibson (1:00:12)
- Panel Discussion, chaired by Prof Judy Buttriss - Speakers, plus Dr Sarah Berry (1:17:06)