In this article, you will find information for the general public who are interested in knowing about food labels.
We will cover:
- What are food labels and why we should use them?
- Back of pack labelling
- Front of pack labelling
- What are reference intakes?
- Allergy information
- Nutrition and health claims
- Other information on food labels
- Looking at the nutrition information on food labels can help you choose a healthy, balanced diet.
- They will allow you to make comparisons between products that are high, medium or low in fat, saturated, salt and sugar.
- Allergens will be listed and emphasised in the ingredients list.