About Nutrition Bulletin
Edited by: Anne de la Hunty, Sara Stanner and Judy Buttriss
- Impact factor: 3.609
- 2020 Journal Citation Reports (Clarivate Analytics): 50/88 (Nutrition & Dietetics)
Online ISSN: 1467-3010
Published by: Wiley
Aims and scope
Nutrition Bulletin provides a unique blend of scientific reviews on aspects of nutrition and news of important or emerging issues in the field of human nutrition. Its particular focus is the interface between the needs of nutritionists in research, health promotion, policy and teaching, and those working in the food industry.
It is read by researchers and nutritionists working in universities and research institutes; public health nutritionists, dietitians and other health professionals; nutritionists, technologists and others in the food industry; those engaged in higher education including students; and journalists with an interest in nutrition.
Published quarterly, the Bulletin presents original and comprehensive review articles on diverse aspects of the science and application of nutrition. The scientific quality of the Bulletin is maintained through a stringent editorial policy and through submission of all review articles and original research to a peer review process, which is overseen by an international Editorial Board.
Topics addressed in reviews cover the many and diverse areas that together comprise nutrition science, including:
- the biochemical and physiological basis for the role of various nutrients in the body;
- psychobiological aspects of human nutrition;
- discussion of observational (epidemiological) associations between diet/nutrients and aspects of health;
- the application of nutrition to disease prevention or the particular needs of population sub-groups;
- the impact of methods of food production and processing on the composition of food, and general aspects of nutrition policy and its communication;
In addition, sections feature:
- updates on EU and UK-funded research;
- commentaries on recent government activities;
- brief synopses of recent scientific papers and policy documents;
- insights into the facts behind the food and nutrition media headlines.
An underlying theme to many of the subjects considered is their application to decisions made within food production and distribution, and in public health nutrition policy.
Nutrition Bulletin is available from the Wiley website and via Google Scholar and Scopus.
You can sign up here for Nutrition Bulletin email alerts and be the first to know when new research is published - click on 'Get content alerts' in the top left hand corner.
Spotlights and Virtual issues
Nutrition Bulletin Spotlights and Virtual Issues are published at least three times a year and are free to download for three months. Past issues include:
- Food labelling
- 30 years of Food - a fact of life
- Sports Nutrition
- Chrono-nutrition - how important is when you eat?
- Vegetables and Plant Proteins
- Sustainable Eating
- Obesity - Risks and Management
- Crop biofortification: Potential nutritional benefits
- Fashionable ingredients: The Facts
- Bodyweight in childhood
- Nutrition and the Brain: Across the life course
- The microbiome in nutrition and health - role of probiotics and prebiotics
- Portion size and appetite control
- Dietary fats
- Nutrition in the early years
- Vitamin D – population requirements, intake and status: implications for health
You can submit papers online and throughout the year via ScholarOne. Click here to submit a paper.
For further information about Nutrition Bulletin please contact Anne de la Hunty firstname.lastname@example.org
Help us improve
We'd love to hear your thoughts about this page below.
If you have a more general query, please contact us.
Please note that advice provided on our website about nutrition and health is general in nature. We do not provide any personal advice on prevention, treatment and management for patients or their family members.