How cookies are used on nutrition.org.uk
The British Nutrition Foundation (nutrition.org.uk) puts small files (known as ‘cookies’) onto your computer to collect information about how you browse the site.
Cookies are used to:
- measure how you use the website so it can be updated and improved based on your needs
- remember the notifications you’ve seen so we do not show them to you again
- remember you while you’re changing your foodafactoflife.org.uk email subscriptions
- remember you when you've logged into the foodafactoflife.org.uk website to manage your collections
- when you're logged in, we remember your resource downloads so we can better inform you when an update is available
Find out more about how to manage cookies.
Measuring website usage (Google Analytics)
We use Google Analytics software (Universal Analytics) to collect information about how you use the British Nutrition Foundation website. We do this to help make sure the site is meeting the needs of our audience and to help us make improvements.
Google Analytics stores information about:
- the pages you visit on nutrition.org.uk
- how long you spend on each nutrition.org.uk page
- how you got to the site
- what you click on while you’re visiting the site
We do not collect or store your personal information (for example your name or address) so this information cannot be used to identify who you are.
We do not allow Google to use or share our analytics data.
Google Analytics sets the following cookies.
|_ga||This helps us count how many people visit nutrition.org.uk by tracking if you’ve visited before||2 years|
|_gid||This helps us count how many people visit nutrition.org.uk by tracking if you’ve visited before||24 hours|
|_gat||Used to manage the rate at which page view requests are made||10 minutes|
You can opt out of Google Analytics cookies.
As a registered member when logged in
We use a session cookie to keep you logged into our website when you use our website.
nutrition.org.uk stores information about:
- when you've logged into the nutrition.org.uk website to manage your articles and resources
- when you're logged in, we remember your resource downloads or your favorited articles so we can better inform you when an update is available
|__RequestVerificationToken||This is an anti-forgery token (prevent CSRF attack)||Never|
Help us improve
We'd love to hear your thoughts about this page below.
If you have a more general query, please contact us.
Please note that advice provided on our website about nutrition and health is general in nature. We do not provide any personal advice on prevention, treatment and management for patients or their family members.