Through engagement with our networks, including government, universities, researchers, businesses and corporate members, we have experience over many decades of collaborating with a range of organisations and interested parties to challenge current practices, to deliver evidence-based scientific insight and information, and to communicate this in engaging and user-friendly ways. This expertise enables informed decisions to be made by our networks about a broad range of nutrition and health matters, including nutrition strategies, workplace health initiatives and other business decisions. Examples of the types of work conducted can be found in our annual reports. We are proud of our long-established reputation for partnership working. What sets the British Nutrition Foundation apart is its ability to bring together those with an interest in food and nutrition from diverse sectors - academia, medicine, health care, education, communication and the food chain.
The British Nutrition Foundation provides a strategic voice focused on objective nutrition science interpretation and delivery, backed by extensive networks and well-respected publications, resources and training. The British Nutrition Foundation has insight derived from in-depth interaction with a wide range of stakeholders, such as government, media, industry, health professionals and schools.
We do not lobby, endorse any products, engage in food advertising campaigns or allow commercial or political pressure to influence us when publishing or disseminating information. Our governance arrangements ensure that we deliver our charitable aims, are impartial, transparent and act with integrity.
To support our social purpose charitable activities, we undertake a range of consultancy services, including:
- Writing and/or reviewing nutrition information on websites, leaflets.
- Developing factsheets, FAQs, blogs and newsletters.
- Broadcast of webinars on topical nutrition issues for various audiences, e.g. health professionals, teachers.
- Media, PR and internal comms.
- Development of videos.
Developed and delivered for your organisation or other audiences, e.g. health professionals, teachers.
- Modular online training – use our platform, external certification on completion, full reporting and monitoring.
- British Nutrition Foundation talks on hot topics at your events.
- Training packs – created for you, with train-the-trainer support.
- Hosting conferences and workshops.
- Staff nutrition training and wellbeing packages, e.g. to support workplace health initiatives.
Written and disseminated for your organisation or other audiences, e.g. health professionals, teachers.
- Development of printed and digital resources.
- Help with communicating nutrition issues and concepts.
- Writing and editing.
- Multi-media resource development.
- Delivery of ‘education’ programmes, including evaluation.
Business planning and strategy development
- Devising, writing and disseminating reviews of emerging nutrition science topics.
- Providing a sounding board for policy development and decision-making.
- Identification of specific business-relevant emerging issues and horizon scanning.
- In-depth analysis of current diets, including the contribution of various foods/food groups to nutrient intakes, e.g. using national data.
- Creation of decision frameworks.
- Holding roundtables or workshops on hot topics and disseminating their findings.
- Constructive ‘critical friend’ challenge or comment, for example on product development plans, internal policy/ strategy and/or communication activities
Products and ranges
- Establishing benchmarks, nutrient criteria and guardrails for product ranges.
- Reviews of products and ranges.
- Portion size guidance.
- Recipe and dietary analyses.
- Menu planning for specific diets, or to align with recommendations or budgets.
For more details, please contact us.
Help us improve
We'd love to hear your thoughts about this page below.
If you have a more general query, please contact us.
Please note that advice provided on our website about nutrition and health is general in nature. We do not provide any personal advice on prevention, treatment and management for patients or their family members.