The December 2020 issue of Nutrition Bulletin is available online.
Articles featured include:
- Do we need dietary reference values for people with obesity? - N. Steenackers, L. Mutwiri, B. Van der Schueren, C. Matthys
- Do modern types of wheat have lower quality for human health? - P. R. Shewry, K. L. Hassall, H. Grausgruber, A. A. M Andersson, A.-M. Lampi, V. Piironen, M. Rakszegi, J. L. Ward, A. Lovegrove *OPEN ACCESS*
- Evaluating current egg consumption patterns: Associations with diet quality, nutrition and health status in the UK National Diet and Nutrition Survey - S. Gibson, J. Gray *OPEN ACCESS*
- Restricting promotions of ‘less healthy’ foods and beverages by price and location: A big data application of UK Nutrient Profiling Models to a retail product dataset - V. Jenneson, Dr D. C. Greenwood, Prof G. P. Clarke, N. Hancock, Prof J. E. Cade, Dr M. A. Morris *OPEN ACCESS*
- Nutrition and depression: Summary of findings from the EU-funded MooDFOOD depression prevention randomised controlled trial and a critical review of the literature - M. Owens, E. Watkins, M. Bot, I. A. Brouwer, M. Roca, E. Kohls, B. W. J. H. Penninx, G. van Grootheest, U. Hegerl, M. Gili, M. Visser, on behalf of the MooDFOOD Prevention Trial Investigators *OPEN ACCESS*
- Phenyl-γ-valerolactones and healthy ageing: Linking dietary factors, nutrient biomarkers, metabolic status and inflammation with cognition in older adults (the VALID project) - D. Angelino, A. Caffrey, K. Moore, E. Laird, A. J. Moore, C. I. R. Gill, P. Mena, K. Westley, B. Pucci, K. Boyd, B. Mullen, K. McCarroll, M. Ward, J. J. Strain, C. Cunningham, A. M. Molloy, H. McNulty, D. Del Rio *OPEN ACCESS*
- Increasing vegetable consumption out-of-home: VeggiEAT and Veg+projects - H. Hartwell, J. Bray, N. Lavrushkina, V. Rodrigues, L. Saulais, A. Giboreau, F. J. A. Perez-Cueto, E. Monteleone, L. Depezay, K. M. Appleton *OPEN ACCESS*
- Developing a digital toolkit to enhance the communication of health claims: The Health Claims Unpacked project - S. Lockyer, C. Ryder, S. Jaworska, B. Benelam, R. Jones
- Optimising intermittent fasting: Evaluating the behavioural and metabolic effects of extended morning and evening fasting - D. J. Clayton, W. J. A. Mode, T. Slater *OPEN ACCESS*
Facts Behind The Headlines
- Effects of diets, foods and nutrients on immunity: Implications for COVID-19? - S. Lockyer *FREE ACCESS*
News And Views
- The Child Feeding Guide: A digital health intervention for reducing controlling child feeding practices and maternal anxiety over time - E. Haycraft, G. L. Witcomb, C. Farrow *OPEN ACCESS*
- Peas Please: Making a pledge for more veg - P. Haydon, R. Tobi, G. Bridge, I. Gurung, C. Scott *OPEN ACCESS*
- Encouraging sustainable action in a food company: Impacting environmentally sustainable dietary and lifestyle behaviours using an in-house Sustainability Toolkit and Challenge - H. Taibjee, L. Woodley
- Development of HM Government example menus for early years’ settings in England - P. Mucavele, C. Wall, L. Whiting
- Botanical ingredients: Intakes, regulations, risks and attitudes - B. McDaid, J. V. Woodside, C. E. Neville, A. P. Nugent
- Professor Monty Losowsky MD FRCP
- Professor David Conning MB BS FRCPath FIBiol
Full details of all the journal articles in this and past issues of Nutrition Bulletin (back to 1968) can be found on the journal website.
Help us improve
We'd love to hear your thoughts about this page below.
If you have a more general query, please contact us.
Please note that advice provided on our website about nutrition and health is general in nature. We do not provide any personal advice on prevention, treatment and management for patients or their family members.