The June 2021 issue of Nutrition Bulletin is available online.
Articles featured include:
- Chrono-nutrition – an emerging, modifiable risk factor for chronic disease? - GK Pot *FREE ACCESS*
- Macronutrient intake, carbohydrate metabolism and cholesterol in Polish male amateur athletes on a vegan diet - D Śliż, D Parol, M Wełnicki, T Chomiuk, I Grabowska, D Dąbrowska, W Król, S Price, W Braksator, A Mamcarz
- A comparison of four different Nutritional Profile models in their scoring of critical nutrient levels in food products targeted at Brazilian children - AR Silva, L Braga and L Anastácio
- Effects of a Brazil nut-enriched diet on oxidative stress and inflammation markers in coronary artery disease patients: A small and preliminary randomised clinical trial - LFMF Cardozo, D Mafra, ACT da Silva, JE Barbosa, BO da Cruz, CT Mesquita, MB Stockler-Pinto
- A daily dose of fish oil increased the omega-3 index in older adults and reduced their heart rate during a walking activity: A pilot study - R Anthony, MA Brown, KL Walton, PL McLennan and GE Peoples
- ‘Pizza every day – Why?’: A survey to evaluate the impact of COVID-19 guidelines on secondary school food provision in the UK - K Rose, C O’Malley, L Brown, LJ Ells and AA Lake *OPEN ACCESS*
- FIT4FOOD2030: Future-proofing Europe’s Food Systems with Tools for Transformation and a Sustainable Food Systems Network - C Baungaard, KPW Kok, ACL den Boer, C Brierley, MG van der Meij, MD Gjefsen, J Wenink, P Wagner, R Gemen, JEW Broerse *OPEN ACCESS*
- A nutrigenetic approach to examine the relationship between vitamin B12 status and cardio-metabolic traits in multiple ethnic groups - S Surendran and KS Vimaleswaran *OPEN ACCESS*
Facts Behind the Headlines
- Vitamin D: What’s new a year on from the COVID-19 outbreak? - H Gibson-Moore *FREE ACCESS*
News and Views
- Learning in lockdown: Using the COVID-19 crisis to teach children about food and climate change - A Kluczkovski, R Lait, CA Martins, C Reynolds, P Smith, Z Woffenden, J Lynch, A Frankowska, F Harris, D Johnson, JCG Halford, J Cook, J Tereza da Silva, X Schmidt Rivera, JL Huppet, M Lord, J Mclaughlin, S Bridle *OPEN ACCESS*
- MRC Hot Topic workshop report: Reshaping the food environment – applying interdisciplinary perspectives in appetite research - AM Johnstone and A Brown *OPEN ACCESS*
- UK Nutrition Research Partnership (NRP) Workshop: Forum on Advancing Dietary Intake Assessment - A de la Hunty, J Buttriss, J Draper, H Roche, G Levey, A Florescu, N Penfold and G Frost *OPEN ACCESS*
- British Nutrition Foundation Healthy Eating Week 2020 – insights into the effect of COVID-19 on eating and activity habits of adults and children in the UK - C Theobald and A White *FREE ACCESS*
- Riboflavin and friends: Remarkably versatile vitamins - HJ Powers
Full details of all the journal articles in this and past issues of Nutrition Bulletin (back to 1968) can be found on the journal website.
Help us improve
We'd love to hear your thoughts about this page below.
If you have a more general query, please contact us.
Please note that advice provided on our website about nutrition and health is general in nature. We do not provide any personal advice on prevention, treatment and management for patients or their family members.