The Scientific Committee advises on the interpretation and translation of scientific information in order to generate and communicate clear accurate, accessible information on nutrition, diet and lifestyle, which is relevant to the needs of the diverse audiences which the British Nutrition Foundation serves.
It comprises up to 30 representatives, who are appointed by the Senior Leadership Team (ensuring representations from different sectors, diversity, capability, skills and experience). Representatives may serve for a maximum tenure of two, three-year terms (plus one additional year, if requested by the British Nutrition Foundation). At least two-thirds must not have a personal financial interest in the commercial food industry. The committee meets at least twice per year.
- Mrs B Bray MBE, Independent Registered Nutritionist and Food Safety consultant
- Dr A Brown, Senior Research Fellow and Lecturer in Nutrition and Dietetics, University College London
- Dr S Bryngelsson, Project Manager Sustainable Nutrition, RISE and Senior Lecturer in Food and Meal Science, Kristianstad University
- Dr E Dimidi, Lecturer in Nutritional Sciences, King's College London
- Mrs L Farrell, Nutrition & Health Manager Product Quality, Tesco
- Mrs N Gillett, Nutrition & Health Development Manager, Allied Bakeries
- Dr K Karnick, Vice President of Global Nutrition and Open Innovation, Tate & Lyle
- Dr G Kuhnle, Professor of Nutrition and Food Science, University of Reading
- Dr A Lake, Professor of Public Health Nutrition, Teesside University, UK
- Professor J MacDiarmid, Professor of Sustainable Nutrition and Health, University of Aberdeen
- Dr D Mellor, Lead for Nutrition and Evidence Based Medicine, Aston University
- Professor L Methven, Professor of Food and Sensory Science, University of Reading
- Mrs B Monks, Food education consultant
- Professor E Robinson, Behavioural Scientist, University of Liverpool
- Professor P Rogers, Emeritus Professor of Psychology, University of Bristol
- Professor T Sanders, Emeritus Professor of Nutrition & Dietetics at Kings College London
- Professor D Stensel, Professor of Exercise Metabolism and Associate Dean for Research, University of Loughborough
- Professor E Stevenson, Head of School of Biomedical, Nutritional and Sport Sciences, University of Newcastle
- Dr J Stewart, Clinical Lead for Adult Nutrition, University Hospitals of Leicester
- Ms L Street, Registered Nutritionist and Trustee and Registration Committee Chair, Association for Nutrition.
- Mr M Towner, Portfolio Manager, Impact on Urban Health
- Dr L Wilson, Public Health Lead, Richmond and Wandsworth Councils
Help us improve
We'd love to hear your thoughts about this page below.
If you have a more general query, please contact us.
Please note that advice provided on our website about nutrition and health is general in nature. We do not provide any personal advice on prevention, treatment and management for patients or their family members.