The British Nutrition Annual Day day starts with a morning conference (10am to 1pm), Healthier People on a Healthier Planet – the perfect outcome for a transformed food system, which considers the challenges and opportunities faced as we seek to define and encourage healthier and more sustainable diets for all.
The programme comprises overviews from both an international and national perspective, supported by case studies championing the importance of evidence and illustrating innovative developments. You can find details below.
In the afternoon (2:45pm - 4pm) the conference is then followed by our prize giving ceremony and the Annual lecture – this year given by Professor Gary Frost, Imperial College London.
British Nutrition Foundation Annual day, 23 November 2021
10am - 1pm - Healthier People on a Healthier Planet - the perfect outcome of a transformed food system
- Co-chairs Prof Judy Buttriss, Prof John Mathers and Prof Guy Poppy
- Welcome and scene setting
- Judith Batchelar OBE, Independent Advisor, Healthy sustainable diets – a global perspective
- Prof Guy Poppy CB, University of Southampton, Transforming the UK food system: why does driving change nationally inform the global challenge?
- Dr Simon Steenson, British Nutrition Foundation, What do we already know about healthier and more sustainable diets?
- Dr John Gilliland OBE, Director of Global Agriculture and Sustainability, Devenish Nutrition, Work underway to reduce the environmental footprint of ruminants
- Prof Bob Doherty, Professor of Marketing, York University The FixOurFood project – regenerative farming, education in schools and harnessing local innovation
- Impact on Urban Health Childhood Obesity Programme, Improving equitable access to nutritious food
- Roundtable discussion
- Concluding remarks
- Annual awards - Early Career Scientist, School Education Awards and the BNF Prize
- Annual lecture - From food to molecules and back again , Professor Gary Frost, Imperial College
Help us improve
We'd love to hear your thoughts about this page below.
If you have a more general query, please contact us.
Please note that advice provided on our website about nutrition and health is general in nature. We do not provide any personal advice on prevention, treatment and management for patients or their family members.