The course covers:
- Module 1: The Need for Healthier Catering
- Module 2: The Essentials of Nutrition
- Module 2A: Vitamins & Minerals – functions and sources
- Module 3: Menu Planning and Identifying Healthier Options
- Module 4: Healthier Preparation and Cooking Practices
- Module 5: Recipe Modification
- Module 6: Food Service and Marketing
- Module 7: Healthy Menus for All
Each module has an end test, providing you with feedback on your progress. Further reading is also suggested.
On successful completion of a final course assessment, a personalised BNF certificate is created. (The final assessment may be repeated.)
This course will take approximately 4-5 hours to complete. You can complete the course at your own pace – there is no time limit.
BNF would like to thank Westminster Kingsway College for piloting some of the training modules, Brakes for their support in creating some of the videos, and also Public Health England and leading catering companies for reviewing the content.
Help us improve
We'd love to hear your thoughts about this page below.
If you have a more general query, please contact us.
Please note that advice provided on our website about nutrition and health is general in nature. We do not provide any personal advice on prevention, treatment and management for patients or their family members.