Journalists and the media
The British Nutrition Foundation offers journalists and broadcast media round-the-clock access to evidence-based scientific information and comments on current nutrition issues. During office hours (9am – 5pm, Monday to Friday) a nutrition scientist will be available via telephone or email to provide expert comments and quotes, discuss story ideas, and deal with enquiries regarding press, TV or radio interviews.
Out of hours service - the British Nutrition Foundation also offers an out-of-hours Press Office service for if you need to contact them in the evenings and at weekends. During these times, your best point of contact is via email, or alternatively please phone the Press Office number below to be redirected to our out-of-hours press officer.
Where has the British Nutrition Foundation featured in the media?
Commenting on a number of topical nutrition stories or issues, the British Nutrition Foundation is regularly quoted in National Press including BBC News Online, The Guardian, The Daily Mail, The Daily Telegraph, The Daily Express, The Sun and Mail on Sunday, alongside magazines including Women’s Health, Healthy Food Guide and Food Manufacture.
British Nutrition Foundation experts have also appeared on TV and Radio features and news programmes, to provide an expert view on various nutrition and health stories, including BBC News, BBC Breakfast, Sky News, BBC Radio 4, BBC Radio 5 and a number of local radio stations. The British Nutrition Foundation has also featured on food related programmes including Food Unwrapped.
Why use the British Nutrition Foundation?
- 24 hours a day, 7 days a week Press Office service
- Fully media trained team of nutrition experts, with the skills to make complex science accessible
- Rapid response rate
- Evidence-based advice and quotes
For all our latest news, follow the British Nutrition Foundation on Twitter:
- @NutritionOrgUK - for the latest British Nutrition Foundation activity, events, press coverage, top tips and new website highlights
- @NutritionBulletin – for updates on British Nutrition Foundation's international, peer-reviewed journal, publishing original research, reviews and news on human nutrition science
- @Foodafactoflife – for updates on British Nutrition Foundation's education activities
Contact the British Nutrition Foundation
To discuss any media related enquiries with the British Nutrition Foundation, please contact us by:
- Email - email@example.com
- Telephone - 020 7557 7930 (media only please – for all other general enquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org)
Please note that the British Nutrition Foundation cannot respond to personal nutrition queries. However, information for consumers on a variety of nutrition and health topics can be found using the ‘search’ facility above.
Help us improve
We'd love to hear your thoughts about this page below.
If you have a more general query, please contact us.
Please note that advice provided on our website about nutrition and health is general in nature. We do not provide any personal advice on prevention, treatment and management for patients or their family members.